Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sassy Signs

I do like a sassy sign, I do. Driving from east coast to west coast NZ earlier this week for a three-day getaway, we came across a few:

"Horse Poo $2"
"Cream Boat"
"Welcome to Whatawhata"
"Slow down, winter's here"
"Woo hoo"
"Whale cafe"
"0800 Bullhire"
"Mighty Makau"
"Be patient"
"Crafty cups"

And no doubt a fair few more that I missed while focused on the road and concentrating on my patience.

This one outside a New Plymouth dry cleaners I was able to appreciate while stationary. Had it been a little less chilly I may well have dropped my dacks here, too, sassy signs can be pretty darned persuasive. This also reminds me of the "Do Drop Inn" (I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings) from Maya Angelou's childhood in the southern states of the US, quite likely the headquarters of sass.

No comments:

Post a Comment