Friday, May 27, 2016

Muslim Mayor

I think this is the first time I have used the M-word in a title. I wonder if it sets off alarm bells somewhere; I wouldn't be surprised.

LONDON, my favourite city in the world -- though that's mainly because outside of my two home cities (Sydney, Auckland, which I also love), I have only lived in London -- has just appointed a Muslim man called Khan to the mayoralty. Hurrah for London! Hurrah for Khan!

The media are reporting that London's population of 9 million or so is now 44% 'non-white'. 'Non-white' is a very large category of people. If they unite against us, we, the weary whites, are -- just between you, me and the white gate post -- fckd. I hope it doesn't come to that.

But before that, indeed to ward that off, a big hurrah to Mayor Khan!! It even sounds right.



No comments:

Post a Comment