Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog binge

I am currently on a blog binge... at least that's what I've decided to call this period of blog creativity:

A blog binge  

 

I have been a binge consumer since a preschooler, one thing or another. So now I binge blog...

Last month I only managed six or so posts (September) but I'm already passed that number for October and it's only the third of the month, I call that a blog binge. Today I'm going to write about blogging, specifically blog binging, as I'm doing right now, as we speak, so to speak...



Spring has got me out with my camera and that has led to one thing and another. I blame Spring! I have also just finished drafting the main story I'm working on right now.

So more time to ad-lib.

More time to blog.

It is a bit of a time-suck, blogging. I found that when I first started blogging on Public Address. If you wanted people to comment on your post then you needed to comment on theirs. You were also curious. All writers are curious creatures. But it was a lot of reading, a lot of writing.

This year, with my own blog, I've managed my time better, if I do say so myself. Even if I do feel time poor, I have written over 40,000 words in four weeks (beyond the blog!). That's a lot of writing time NOT spent blogging and the reason why September has so few blogs.

I'm having a break now from that project before finishing the draft. Reading it to M. You have to take breaks from the work from time to time, to get Distance, as if you were on some real-life road journey and needed breaks to sleep and wash-up. That's a bit like writing a book.

I'm going to sign off to write a poem about Dickens! (maybe)

Ciao Bella, I'll be back

Sacha


No comments:

Post a Comment