Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fifty Shades of Green

One rainy Saturday, I sat meditating on the garden - as one does, as I do - rather more often than is probably altogether necessary. And marvelling at the colours deepened by the downpour, I felt moved to comment casually to my better half, who was making a quick quiet getaway up the stairs behind me: 'So many shades of green!'

'Fifty shades of green' said he, quicker than whiplash, without even looking at the garden.

And that, in short, ladies and gentlemen, is why I married the man. Indeed I like a man with a good pun at the ready in his pocket, who can whip it out at a moment's notice, without needing hours of notice to work himself up to it.




And so this blog baby was born: Fifty shades of my green garden, shot by yours truly, in the rain, with the aid of a large umbrella, while the man with the quick pun was inside, keeping dry, vacuuming - slowly - for speed is not everything in a man indeed. Enjoy...


2 comments: