Thursday, November 26, 2015

Confessions of a strange estranged Australian

This title and image are two of the many and varied subtitles and cover images rejected by my publishers for my childhood memoir due out next year.

Never mind. The photo chosen for the cover is better than this one and I am still dressed as an animal, so you don't need to worry about missing out on that little treat.

But the subtitle remains undecided, though we're just about to go to final print from whence there is no turning back. Apparently my publishers would rather have no subtitle than this one, which speaks strongly of their extreme dislike, as it was their idea to have a subtitle in the first place.

I can't understand it, after all I am a strange estranged Australian, as you, my loyal and devoted blogees, will be all too aware.

You may not know, however, that I was once a dancing brown beetle - with annoyingly white shoe elastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment