Friday, April 3, 2015

Contract

Well, it has happened; I have been offered a contract to publish my book by a relatively small but solid Sydney publisher, with 'first option' to publish my second book included in the contract.

Since deciding to focus on my writing two to three years ago, getting or 'winning' a publishing contract, as I believe they refer to it in the biz and rightly so, because it's just a little bit competitive, has been my goal, second only of course to my goal of writing a decent book. Of course.

It feels like a long slog to get to this point but it really hasn't been too long and in fact I think I might be one of the lucky ones, all things considered, though it's not quite in the bag yet. Indeed I am yet to see (and sign) the contract...  

No comments:

Post a Comment