Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Auckland aftermath

Sydney's cyclone stormed into Auckland over the long weekend and although not doing anywhere near as much damage as it had done across the Tasman, and much less altogether than the damage wrought by the man-made storm that was Gallipoli WWI for the ANZACS (Aussie and New Zealand soldiers) - the reason for the long weekend - it left its mark on the city and on me, drawing me out with my camera to photograph a city I live in, but rarely see.




















2 comments:

  1. Rarely see? Yet saw a lot during this walkabout - great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have italicised or capitalised 'see'; I meant SEE. Most of the time one is too distracted and takes one's city for granted, not to mention getting stuck in the snug suburbs much of the time, at least in my case.

    ReplyDelete