Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Go Google!

Rachel Louise Carson's 107th Birthday
“But man is a part of nature, and his war against nature is inevitably a war against himself.” 


Is it just me or is Google on a mission to recognise women as intelligent beings who have contributed to the constructive movements in history so much more than the world of men has ever been ready to concede; indeed so much more than men have, given the male gender's enduring propensity for destruction, cruelty and greed?

I hope I'm not being a wishful feminist in observing this trend in Google's doodle dedications and in hoping that it is a deliberate mission to amend the male bias in favour of celebrating themselves and denigrating or simply overlooking women.

Go Google!


 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, right on– Rachel Carson was an outspoken forerunner of the environmental movement, which not too many people know about – but, thanks to Google, like the other women recently featured, will remind the world of their great contribution to Humankind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, and trust you to be in the know. I knew there was a reason I said I do :)

    ReplyDelete