Monday, May 28, 2018

When women win



...we all win.

This is my first blog for a while on account of some seriously stinky sexist shit hitting my feminist fan a few weeks ago and making it VERY hard to breathe, much less type.

Also, Blogger decided, roughly at the same time, almost certainly in conspiracy with the sources of that stinky shit, to shut down my access to the function that allows me to see views and post news.

But, as if a lovely little lady leprechaun (leprechauns are supposed to be male and mischievous, but those ones aren't real, not anymore) worked her lovely lady magic to make THIS happen in the land of leprechauns and with it released my airways and fingers -- simply by signing out and in again under another name -- to type back.
The women of Ireland, at long last, deemed to be worth more than the smallest of their parts
The fan shit here still stinks and I am doing what I can elsewhere to clean that mess up -- I will let you know how that goes in due course -- but thanks to the brave women of Ireland who fought for their right to be considered more autonomous and human than a minuscule fertilised egg residing within their own bodies and won, I feel stronger this morning to carry on the fight to prove that I too am more, so much more, than a walking, weeping womb. I can talk and type back, too.

    

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to come back on a high note – love the ‘shit hitting my feminist fan’ line. (sorry, had to delate the first commemt because the copied emoji made a mess:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to handle your mess any day (as long as you keep handling mine:)).

    ReplyDelete